Okay so I never did decide whether or not crocheting this project was a breaking of my new years resolutions, but I'm almost done so I guess it's okay as long as I finish it. Right? I started off using the pattern out of the Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller and well I did what I usually do and went totally off pattern. No surprise there!
But what I ended up with still has the same essence of their bag but with a little more depth as I added a gusset to the sides. So after crocheting the main body of the bag I added the tabs to the side to form a gusset and allow the bag to be deeper. Basically all I wanted to be able to do was cram more crap into one space! HEHEHEH I'm a girl what can I say. Bigger in this case is always better.
Okay so I actually started this post last night while I was at work; at a gun club of all places. But, they've gotten used to seeing me knitting on one project or another so I usually don't get harassed to badly. After getting off work I went home and made my template for the lining, ironed on the interfacing and cut this stiff cotton batting (I'll find the name - promise) for the bottom. Then I machine stitched all of those pieces accordingly and got it ready to put together. I can honestly say that it took me longer to hand stitch in the lining then it did to crochet the stupid thing but that's the way it goes. I added a magnetic clasp and I'm going to be adding the embellishments to it tonight. I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turned out. And on the bright side I finished it.... no extra project going into the UFO basket! Yeah me