Saturday, January 12, 2008

HAHA! 100% Finished

TADA! Embellishments done...

Okay I have to honestly say I'm pretty damn proud of myself. For a pattern that I modified by the seat of my pants it came together quite well. I'm still a little iffy about seaming together a half double crochet but I think it looks okay. It's just hard to make a nice seam when you have that difference of texture. I'll have to ask my boss if she knows a handy little trick for that.

The embellishments were another fly by the seat as I didn't have any books with me on leaves and I didn't want to have to get up and search the internet so..... I did a Denyel and just fiddled and voila! I sewed on one of the amazing flower buttons that we had at the Shoppe and I think it turned out pretty damn cute. **small pat on the back**

Actually my husband thought it was pretty cute as well, and he thought HE was being pretty cute and decided to .... well you look at the pictures and you'll see what I mean. Sometimes he's such a dork. But it's okay because he doesn't know I've posted these pictures of him on the world wide web and it's not like he'll ever read this silly thing. So in that spirit. Ladies and Gentlemen.... My husband! **insert drum roll here**


No comments: