Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolution BUST!

Okay so it's officially the 7th day of the new year and I've already broken my resolution! What the heck is wrong with me??? I HAVE to finish this damn sweater for my son before he heads off to college or gets married. I'm going on over 2 months when it's a sweater that should have taken a few weeks.


Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous sweater, and I know it's going to look amazing on my teenage son, but I just can't seem to get it finished. So I decided to take a break from that and crochet my friend a little purse really quick. WAIT! Is crocheting a quick project breaking a knitting new years resolution? Technically it's still a needle/fiber art craft, but it's not knitting. I'm pretty sure I was only talking about my knitting UFOs when I wrote that resolution. (** note to self; go in and change previous post to reflect "new" resolution **)

Whew that was close! Okay one Cobblestone Pullover on it's way to completion. I only have about 6 inches left to go on the yoke. But as he's a teenager and they grow so fast I'm going to have to rip the cuffs and the hem and add 2-3 inches of length onto it just to be on the safe side. I know for sure his arms have grown almost 2 inches in the last 2 months. Humm I think that's another note to self.... (** note to self; don't knit big projects for still rapidly growing children **) I ended up using Berroco Ultra Alpaca as a replacement yarn and have definitely fallen in love with it. My sons major request however was that he didn't want it to be a really tight knit. So I kept to the needle size specified for the pattern even though I would have knit it on a smaller needle to get the correct gauge. I think so far I'm okay with the sizing and it hasn't thrown me off to badly. But we shall see. As they say the proof will be in the pudding.

Wish me luck. Hopefully I can keep that stinking resolution for a few weeks longer.....

No comments: